Microgaming's Blackjack Gold series offers premium online blackjack games with state-of-the-art graphics, unique features, outstanding animation and improved game speeds.
These games also offer a fully customizable "Expert Mode" which enables you to control the following features:
- Strategy Card: The strategy cards are fully customisable and this table will be used when the Auto Play function is enabled, allowing you define your blackjack game play strategy.
- Auto Play: Select the number of consecutive hands you want the game to play on your behalf. You will also be able to set the time between hands and when the game should stop - on wins, losses etc.)
These features are not found in any other online blackjack games.
European Blackjack Gold is part of this series and is one of the finest variants of this game that we've seen in a long time. The aim, as in any blackjack game is to get as close to 21 as possible, beating the dealer without busting.
The difference between European blackjack and all other blackjack variants comes down to the hole card rule which is not used in this game. The hole card rule dictates that when cards are dealt, the dealer will receive one face up card and the other facing down. If the up card is then an Ace or Face Card, the dealer must check for blackjack before the game continues. In European blackjack the dealer will allow players to complete their hands before the dealer hand is played.
European Blackjack Gold is played with two standard 52 card decks which is favourable for players as the fewer decks a game is played off, the lower the house edge.
The following rules apply:
- The dealer hits on any total of 16 or less.
- Dealer stands on 17 or more.
- Cards are shuffled after every hand dealt.
- Blackjack is an automatic win unless the dealer and player hold blackjack at the same time which results in a push.
- Pairs can be split once.
- You may draw cards after splitting Aces.
- Doubling after a split is prohibited.
- Doubling down is permitted on 9, 10 and 11.
- No Surrender is offered.
- Blackjack pays 3:2 (this is VERY important as you only want to play games that offer this payout rate)
- Insurance pays 2:1
Not sure what all these rules really mean and how they affect your game? Learn more about the strategies to use when facing these blackjack rules so that you can optimise your game play and increase your returns.
And if you're looking for a great Microgaming powered blackjack experience, this would be the game we'd recommend!